Akshaya Tritiya is one of the most important festivals of the India. Akshaya Tritiya, also known as Akha Teej, is a holy day for Hindus and Jains. The Hindu community considers this day as a lucky day and believes that any venture such as a business or the construction of a building started on that day will follow betterment and prosperity. This day is of great significance and is considered highly auspicious. In Sanskrit, Akshaya means ‘never diminishing’ and the blessings obtained post Puja remain with the devotee forever. Also, on this day, people buy gold as it is believed that investing in the precious metal will usher in prosperity. Akshaya falls on the third day of the Shukla Paksha in the month of Vaishakha according to the Hindu Lunar calendar.
There are a number of legends associated with this Hindu festival. Here’s taking a look at some of them:
- Lord Kubera (the treasurer and God of wealth) is believed to have got his lost fortune back.
- On this day, Sudama was blessed with abundance of wealth by his dear friend Lord Krishna.
- Goddess Annapurna is believed to have been born on this day.
- It is also believed to be the birth date of Parashuram, the sixth incarnation of Lord Vishnu.
- Ved Vyasa is believed to have started penning the Mahabharata on this day.
People purchase gold coins or start new ventures of business, construction, buying a new property or getting married, and believes that it would bring good results to them. Devotees tend to purchase the Lakshmi-inscribed gold coins and gold bars which has the pictures of gods and goddesses over it.
Akshaya Tritiya 2016 today: Latest gold rate in different cites
Gold rate today in Bangaluru
22-Carat 24-Carat Change (%)
Current Price 28400 30374.33 0%
Previous Price 28400 30374.33
Health Articles written here, are only a guideline. Please consult a doctor before adopting these changes.
ಈ ಅರೋಗ್ಯ ಮಾಹಿತಿಯು ನಿಮಗೆ ಒಂದು ಮಾರ್ಗದರ್ಶಿ ಮಾತ್ರ, ಇದನ್ನು ಪಾಲನೆ ಮಾಡುವ ಮುನ್ನ ವೈದ್ಯರನ್ನು ಸಂಪರ್ಕಿಸಿ..