This recipe is a sweet, tangy and spicy sweet potato that is simple, delicious and easy to make. The sesame seed gives the crunchy texture, in addition, the garlic, ginger and Sweet and spicy sauce made from oat flour, substitutes the corn flour that is most often added to the Chinese sauces and adds the required kick for this sweet potato.
Ingredients (measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250 ml) for frying the potatoes:
- 3 medium sized potatoes
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- salt and pepper as required
- oil as required for shallow frying the potatoes for the schezwan chilli sauce:
- 1 tsp chopped celery (skip if you do not have)
- ½ cup finely chopped onions or spring onions
- ½ inch ginger/adrak, finely chopped
- 2-3 garlic/lahsun, finely chopped
- 2 tsp red chili sauce or 1 tsp red chili paste or red chili-garlic paste or 1 to 2 tsp schezwan sauce
- 2 red chilies, dry or fresh, slit (you can deseed to remove the heat)
- 1 green chili, slit
- 2 tsp naturally fermented soy sauce or as required
- 4 tbsp water or veg stock
- ½ tsp apple cider or white vinegar
- 2-3 schezwan or sichuan pepper, crushed in a mortar and pestle (skip if you do not have)
- 1 tbsp corn starch dissolved in 1 or 2 tbsp water salt, pepper and sugar as required
a few chopped celery or spring onion/scallion greens for garnish
step by step schezwan chilli potatoes recipe
1. peel & cut the potatoes in wedges. keep the potatoes in cold water for 30 mins. drain them and add cornstarch, salt and pepper. mix well.
2. shallow fry in a wok or kadai till the potatoes are crisp and golden.
3. drain on paper towels.
4. Remove the extra oil from the wok and just keep about 1 tbsp oil remaining. add onions, green chilies, red chilies, ginger and garlic and stir fry on a high heat for a minute or two.
5. then add the crushed schezwan pepper and black pepper. stir fry for one or two minutes.
6. add the soy sauce, red chili sauce, salt and sugar.
7. stir and then add water or veg stock and let the sauce come to a simmer.
8. add corn starch paste and chopped celery.
9. allow the sauce to thicken.
10. then add the fried potato wedges. add vinegar. stir and toss well.
11. serve the schezwan chilli potatoes hot with veg fried rice, veg hakka noodles or with your choice of bread or with naan or rotis.
Health Articles written here, are only a guideline. Please consult a doctor before adopting these changes.
ಈ ಅರೋಗ್ಯ ಮಾಹಿತಿಯು ನಿಮಗೆ ಒಂದು ಮಾರ್ಗದರ್ಶಿ ಮಾತ್ರ, ಇದನ್ನು ಪಾಲನೆ ಮಾಡುವ ಮುನ್ನ ವೈದ್ಯರನ್ನು ಸಂಪರ್ಕಿಸಿ..